Terry is a Partner in The Partnering Group, focused principally in the Retail Practice.
Partner Capabilities and Experience:
Terry has 30 years of CPG industry experience, specifically with respect to Category Management, Assortment & Space Planning, Shopper Insights and Data Analytics. His expertise also includes Retail Sales & Merchandising, Sales Technology & Sales Tools and Direct-Store Delivered (DSD) operations. He has led diverse work-teams that delivered comprehensive Category Management capabilities and cross-functional teams that delivered technology-driven sales solutions.
In an industry that is “data rich” but oftentimes “insights-poor”, Terry has a proven track record of generating insight-driven analytics, integrating insight value into Category Management strategies and monitoring performance-driven results. While his professional background was as a Manufacturer, his expertise and skillsets bridge the gap between retail and manufacturer trading partners in order to fully leverage the investment in data and technology.
Partner Industry Experience:
Prior to joining TPG, Terry enjoyed a 27 year career at AB/InBev, most recently leading a large and highly diverse management team that collaborated with national chain retailers to maximize their category sales and profitability. Terry also assisted in the development of leading-edge retail analytics and created innovative technology solutions for 3-tier trading partners.
Following his departure from AB/InBev, Terry had been acting as an independent consultant, providing strategic business development, industry expertise, sales analytics and new business start-up services to a variety of US Beer Industry, CPG and local non-profit clients.
Key accomplishments include:
- An unprecedented 8 year Category Advisor tenure at AB/InBev’s largest retail chain account
- Successful reintroduction of the Beer Category into a leading national Drug chain (after a nearly 15 year absence)
- Significant OOS reduction and sales increase at a leading national Grocery account, resulting from the development of a collaborative-based store-level order forecasting system
- Created over $2MM in supply chain labor cost savings resulting from the implementation of ASN and DSD Honor Check-In protocols across several hundred wholesalers; and
- Responsible for production and implementation of 13,000+ store-level assortments and schematic plans annually.
Terry has also served on industry sub-committees and has spoken at industry conferences, including FMI, CGT and NACS on various topics including: Store-Level Insights to Drive Sales Growth, Category Industry Growth Dynamics, Store-Level Order Forecasting and DSD Supply Chain Efficiencies.
Terry received both his BA and MUP Degrees from the University of Illinois – Urbana.