Promotions remain a key lever to drive traffic, sales, and profitability. However, competition and the value-oriented shopper are forcing retailers to rethink their promotional strategy and practices. Many companies have come to the realization that traditional promotions deliver limited results. Retailers are discovering that innovative promotional techniques for both price and non-price oriented partnered with aa great promotional strategy to encourage favorable shopper behavior.. These leading retailers also recognize that a highly effective promotional program requires leadership, investment and new capabilities.
Retail Buying and Merchandising
What We Do
TPG’s retail promotion consulting is grounded in years of practical experience combined with best practice expertise covering every major retail format and consumer products category. We help our clients create a winning promotion strategies, implement industry leading practices and capabilities. A partial list of our retail promotion consulting services include:
- Promotion Assessment: TPG conducts an evaluation of the promotion strategy, planning processes, promotional campaigns, vehicles, event productivity, target shopper segment behavior, and organization tools and capabilities.
- Promotion Funding Optimization: A financial review of the supplier funding practices, pools and optimization across the enterprise will be performed and recommendations will be made to executive sponsorship for sign off.
- Planning & Evaluation Processes: Design and installation of promotion planning and evaluation processes leveraging TPG’s best practices.
- Promotion Vehicle Design: : TPG will develop innovative and effective promotional vehicles based on a comprehensive event analysis. TPG will also use established retailer set parameters as well as the review of competitive and industry best practices as inputs for the vehicle design.
- Promotion Growth Engine: The installation and training of TPG’s proprietary promotion model will be used to assess the category growth from various promotional scenarios.
- Promotion Measurement: A comprehensive scorecard including a variety of internal and external measures will be implemented to create a detailed and consistent feedback process.
- Tool Evaluation & Installation: TPG will facilitate the review, sourcing, piloting, installation of promotional tools, databases, and systems.
Connect with us: