The purpose of Visual Merchandising is to develop and implement customer communications (signing) and product displays to help customers make buying decisions. An aligned Visual Merchandising strategy grows sales and profits.
In-store signage and wayfinding support the customer shopping experience. Introducing technology at the point of sale can support conversion if properly planned and executed.
In an omni-channel world, there is a need to ensure that visual merchandising tactics support the end-to-end merchandising strategy and align in-store and online merchandising plans.
There is a growing need to expand the view of Visual Merchandising. How do we align visual elements on-line and in-store to support the path to purchase? How do we improve wayfinding to reduce the friction during the shopping experience? How do we leverage in-aisle technology and enhance the shopping experience?
What We Do
TPG provides a team of experts that assist retail clients in developing and implementing a Visual Merchandising vision and strategy. Our Visual Merchandising services include:
- Discovery: A review of the current state of Visual Merchandising. An identification of strengths, weaknesses and opportunities.
- Best Practices: An industry review of Visual Merchandising Best Practices. This review will provide a description of the winning strategies, tactics and trends within leading retailers. A special focus on winning technology elements is explored.
- Role & Vision: An aligned role and vision for Visual Merchandising. The vision articulates the inspirational purpose of Visual Merchandising as a part of the end-to-end merchandising process. The role articulates the work, the boundaries and outputs of Visual Merchandising.
- Strategic Plan: A 3-5 year plan that includes an objective, set of goals, series of integrative strategies and initiatives. Each initiative has owners, timing and definition of success.
- Implementation: Identification of organizational requirements including capital, technology and capabilities. Stakeholder, communication and deployment plans that include milestones and routine updates.
Connect with us: