Retailers and Manufacturers are increasingly under pressure to re-engineer their logistics networks to create high performance, low-cost networks that truly give their business a long-term competitive advantage. Common Network Optimization drivers typically require the creation of new 5 Year Strategic Logistics plans.
What We Do
TPG’s Supply Chain team assists clients to create transparent “5 Year Strategic Logistics Plans” integrated into the overall company business plans sharing best practice strategic initiatives, new service level capabilities, capital requirements, and new cost to serve in re-engineering current state logistics networks.
- Provide Gap Assessment of Current State Capabilities vs. Future State Business Requirements: Logistics (DC & Transportation) strategies, operational expenses, service levels, DC design & capacity (storage & through put), systems (WMS & TMS), levels of automation & mechanization, product flows & operations performance, organization structure, and team capabilities.
- RFP Development & Evaluation: Support clients in procurement and implementation for 3Pl DC’s or Transportation Carriers.
- Utilize Best of Breed Strategic Alliance Service Providers for new DC prototype design, inbound & network modeling tools, and integration of Best Practices that leverage scale improving service, cost, quality, and speed.
- Project Milestone Development: A detailed milestone schedule is developed to move to an alternative distribution network whether 3PL, self-distribution, or combination.
- Project Kick-off: Roles and responsibilities are clarified to ensure all members perform at maximum productivity.
- Implementation: TPG either co-delivers project deliverables or leads delivery of these objectives with the client’s team.
- Update and Final Review: TPG and the client conduct on-going reviews of the project execution and deliver a final review how the actual results match up with the original project objectives.