Partner Capabilities and Experience:
Christie is a highly organized and results driven leader with over 20 years of food industry experience in category management, shopper insights and sales analytics. She is best known for her work in designing and implementing best in class category management leadership platforms. Christie also has extensive experience in translating primary and secondary research, point of sale and consumer panel data into actionable insights. Her category knowledge spans across center store, liquor, refrigerated meat and frozen departments.
Partner Industry Experience:
Christie has held numerous category management roles at Hillshire Brands and its predecessor, Sara Lee Corporation. As the Senior Manager of Shopper and Category Insights at Hillshire Brands, she led the research, design and implementation of 12 refrigerated meat and frozen food leadership platforms. Christie was also responsible for all primary shopper research, including focus groups, shop-alongs, and online qualitative and quantitative surveys.
- Created 3 new category leadership platforms and 2 department leadership platforms. Developed innovative total store leadership platform, leveraging primary research insights on protein to drive growth across the store.
- Determined optimal category and segment adjacencies for the entire frozen department, using new category market structures and cross-purchase interactions
- Employed simulated grocery store environment (SMART Learning Center) to better understand shopper behavior at the shelf and test refrigerated meat planograms
- Led shopper insights and category management training for Hillshire
- Launched IRI’s Consumer Shopper Insights Advantage platform to organization
Prior to Hillshire Brands, Christie held numerous roles in shopper marketing, category management and sales analytics at Diageo North America for 12 years. Prior to Diageo, Christie gained experience in data analytics and category management at Borden Foods Company.
Christie holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Marketing from DePaul University and graduated Suma Cum Laude.
Area(s) of Expertise:
- Manufacturer Consulting & Training
- Retail Consulting
- Category Leadership & Strategy
- Consumer & Shopper Insights
- Joint Business Planning