Christie is a consultant for The Partnering Group, working with both manufacturers and retailers.
Partner Capabilities and Experience:
Christie is a highly organized and results driven leader with over 15 years of food industry experience in category management, shopper insights, shopper marketing and sales analytics. She is best known for her work in designing and implementing best in class category management leadership platforms. Christie also has extensive experience in translating primary and secondary research, point of sale and consumer panel data into actionable insights. Her category knowledge spans across center store, liquor, refrigerated meat and frozen departments.
Partner Industry Experience:
Christie has held numerous category management roles at Hillshire Brands and its predecessor, Sara Lee Corporation. She was most recently the Senior Manager of Shopper and Category Insights at Hillshire Brands, where she introduced a number of ground-breaking, corporate initiatives. Christie led the research, design and implementation of 12 refrigerated meat and frozen food leadership platforms. She gained tremendous experience in shopper segmentation and is well versed in several different shopper segmentation methodologies. Christie was also responsible for all primary shopper research, including focus groups, shop-alongs, and online qualitative and quantitative surveys.
– Created 3 new category leadership platforms and 2 department leadership platforms in less than one year. Developed innovative total store leadership platform, leveraging primary research insights on protein to drive growth across the store.
– Determined optimal category and segment adjacencies for the entire frozen department, using new category market structures and cross-purchase interactions
– Used qualitative and quantitative research to determine most advantageous category locations for breakfast sausage in the club channel
– Employed simulated grocery store environment (SMART Learning Center) to better understand shopper behavior at the shelf and test refrigerated meat planograms
– Led shopper insights and category management training for Hillshire
– Launched IRI’s Consumer Shopper Insights Advantage platform to organization
Christie holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Marketing from DePaul University.
Area(s) of Expertise:
- Category Management: platform development and training
- IRI: POS and panel data expert, RFP and restatement process management