Peter is a Managing Partner with TPG working with both retailers and manufacturers. He plays a key role in the management and execution of TPG’s Training practice.
Partner Capabilities and Experience:
Peter’s area of expertise focuses on the development of competency based training curriculums that enable the efficient and effective growth of his client’s organizational performance. Much of this work has focused on the core competencies required to effectively perform Category Management, Strategic Sales Management and Tactical Plan Development and Execution.
Some of Peter’s recent client engagements include:
- Driving TPG best practices into Specialty Retail Organizations and that of their Supplier Partners (Petro-Convenience, Natural Foods, Specialty Pet, and Specialty Book).
- Developing overall corporate strategy, strategic customer management and category management capability for a niche automotive parts and pet supply manufacturer.
- Developing and standardizing TPG’s training approach for the newly developed Category Leadership Business Planning Process.
Partner Industry Experience:
Prior to joining TPG, Peter spent 10 years with Procter & Gamble with increasing levels of responsibilities in Sales and Sales Management. While establishing a consistent track record of exceeding volume, distribution, and profit targets, other responsibilities/accomplishments included:
- Responsibility to design and roll out the first laptop technology and training to the P&G field sales organization
- Appointment as sector leader of multi-divisional redesign team for P&G’s 3rd largest US dollar volume market geography
- Recognition for ability to consistently penetrate national accounts at Senior Management levels to grow business in channels previously underperforming.
- Consistent development and promotion of personnel within his organizations.
Following graduate school Peter spent three years with Seally, Inc. as part of a new general management team where further experience was gained within the Department Store and Specialty Furniture Channels.
Peter has a Bachelor of Arts degree from Denison University and a Master’s in Business Administration from the University of Chicago with a concentration in Finance.
Area(s) of Expertise:
- Manufacturer Training
- Retail Consulting
- Retail Training
Connect with us: