Promotions remain one of retailing’s key levers to drive traffic, sales and profitability. However, fierce competition and the value-oriented shopper are forcing retailers to rethink their promotional strategy and practices. Many companies have come to the realization that traditional promotions deliver traditional results. They are discovering that innovative promotional techniques (price and non-price oriented), enveloped by a great promotional strategy encourage favorable shopper behavior, build loyalty and provide real growth. These leading retailers also recognize that a highly effective promotional program requires leadership, investment and new capabilities.
Retail Category Management
What We Do
TPG’s retail promotion consulting is grounded in years of practical experience combined with best practice expertise covering every major retail format and consumer products category. We help our clients create a winning promotion strategy combined with leading practices and capabilities. A partial list of our retail promotion consulting services include:
- Promotion Assessment: An evaluation of the promotion strategy, planning and evaluation processes, promotional campaigns and vehicles, event productivity, target shopper segment behavior and organization tools and capabilities.
- Promotion Funding Optimization: A financial review of the supplier funding practices, pools and optimization across the enterprise.
- Planning & Evaluation Processes: Design and installation of promotion planning and evaluation processes leveraging TPG’s best practices while creating a unique solution for the client.
- Promotion Vehicle Design: The creation of innovative and highly effective promotion vehicles (including every key parameter) based upon a comprehensive event analysis and the review of competitive and industry best practices.
- Promotion Growth Engine: The installation and training of TPG’s proprietary promotion model that assesses the category growth attributed to various promotional scenarios.
- Promotion Measurement: A comprehensive scorecard including a variety of internal and external measures to create a robust and consistent feedback mechanism.
- Tool Evaluation & Installation: Facilitate the review, sourcing, piloting and installation of promotional tools, databases and/or systems.
- Organization Capability: Identify the required pricing competencies and training regiment to build the desired pricing organization capabilities. Design and implement a Promotion Center of Excellence to build leading capabilities.
Connect with us: