Participants will understand the components of an effective Retailer department marketing plan. Participants will understand how a Retailer ensures that their department marketing plan integrates or reconciles with the Retailers’ Business Unit plan. Participants will learn how the Department Marketing plan translates the Business Unit direction and Department Marketing Plan for a group of related product categories, into a clear plan of marketing initiatives that communicate to Department-specific target shoppers the benefits of this retailers’ department in meeting their shopping needs. An effective 5-step process will be shared which allows participants to interact with case study application during the course. Importantly, this provides Retailers with a keen appreciation for the internal as well as external (supplier) supported activities and collaboration required for success.
- Understand the components of an effective Retailer Department Marketing plan.
- Understand how to ensure that a Retailer Department Marketing plan integrates or reconciles with the Retailer’s Business Unit plan.
- Identify The Must Win Categories within a Department Marketing Plan and how trade partners can provide mutual support in driving these anchor categories.
- Understand how to develop the Retailer’s Marketing Platform to include initiatives which can drive retailer differentiation and which oftentimes rely upon trade partner activation and support.
- Gain a practical application of how to best implement and then conduct rigorous review to ensure delivery of the Retailer’s Marketing Plan objectives.
- Instructor led
Any person from a Retailer, Wholesaler or Club within the Consumer Product Goods industry, who seeks a more advanced understanding of Retail Marketing. Typical participants include roles such as Category Managers, Buyers, Merchandisers, Marketing Managers, Pricing & Promotion Managers, Finance or Planning Managers, Business Managers, Operations Managers, Retail Strategy Managers, Trade Marketers, Category Analysts, etc.
Analysis and Insights
Connect with us: