Shopper attention has fundamentally shifted to digital media. The explosion of smartphones has enabled shoppers to interact with digital marketing and mobile commerce information in the aisle. Shoppers are price checking and seeking reviews and product information online while in the aisle.
This layer of Digital Point of Sale is expanding as manufacturers and retailers test new mobile applications and solutions in the store. At the same time, retailer digital media is yielding measurable results including email, retailer site display advertising and retailer digital coupons. Retailers are racing to implement omni-channel executions that bring digital into the store and the store into digital and manufacturers are being asked to support.
Leading manufacturers are developing a digital shopper marketing strategy with clear ROI, new processes and an updated organization to support digital shopper marketing.
What We Do
TPG provides a comprehensive change management program to help manufacturers embrace digital, social and mobile marketing within their business:
- Digital Assessment and Benchmark: TPG provides a review of current digital marketing tests, trials and campaigns at retail. TPG provides a benchmark versus the executions of other similar manufacturers and breakthrough execution in other consumer products industries.
- Digital Shopper Marketing ROI: TPG develops a custom digital shopper marketing metrics for use to scenario plan new campaign opportunities and for post-audit. These metrics allow a roll-up of the execution to tie back to corporate goals.
- Brand Digital Media Guidelines: TPG assists in an assessment of the abilities to leverage brand owned digital assets (e.g. websites, where to buy buttons, content, videos, email campaigns, digital couponing and social media entities). The output is a clear set of guidelines including legal and privacy rules regarding the use of these brand assets to drive sales with a retailer.
- Retailer Digital Media Guidelines: TPG assists in a data-driven evaluation of the options available within retailer marketing. Where testing or full campaigns have been executed, we will evaluate on measured results. Where there are gaps, TPG designs a full testing plan and/or provides industry benchmarks.
- Digital Alliances At Retail: Develop the process for coordinated digital pilots at retail combining the capabilities of third parties, retailer tools and your brand’s digital toolkit. Facilitate key retailer pilots.