TPG will leverage internal process understanding (e.g. work required) to run CPG Ecommerce in conjunction with the manufacturer strategy to develop the optimal “North Star” organization structure.
TPG will partner with the manufacturer design team to create a logical and sustainable investment path from current state to the optimal design over time. This work will also clarify connection points and decision rights regarding structure collaboratively across manufacturer functions.
What We Do
TPG’s organization assessment includes a variety of techniques tailored to determine a manufacturer organizational issues, strengths, and opportunities to effectively manage a successful Omni-channel and Ecommerce team. TPG blends and categorizes these organizational insights via our proprietary Organization Productivity Model. This allows our clients to fully and accurately diagnose their organization. TPG can also provide relevant benchmarking, including best practices. A partial list of our organization assessment consulting services includes:
- Work Process Design: Create or refine any activity centers and work processes including work sequencing, inputs, outputs, fiscal timing and duration.
- Decision Productivity: Define decision rights that drive speed and effectiveness with better clarity (who and what) and precision (where and when).
- Boundaries & Linkages:Assess and design the proper connection and separation points to ensure synergistic collaboration.
- Roles & Structure: Assess, create or refine responsibilities and accountabilities by role with clear documentation on job descriptions. Structures are designed to enable the new work while optimizing headcount, layers and spans of control and optimal business orientation.
- Performance Management:Develop performance metrics, as well as reward and recognition programs that drive new behaviors and desired outcomes.
- Assessment & Selection: Evaluate personnel using job-related selection tools (e.g., testing, interviews, business simulations) based on the competencies required for success and consistent with organizational strategy and design.
- Information & Systems:Identification of the critical inputs (information, intelligence, insights, etc.) and systems required to enable the new work of each role.
- Critical Success Factors & Implications:Identification and prioritization of the critical success factors and implications which are necessary to optimize operationalizing the design across the organization.
- Transition & Implementation Planning:Develop an efficient transition and implementation plan that paces and sequences the change to optimize results, minimize business disruption and mitigate risk.