Even the best crafted strategic plans can become an anchor, tying the retail organization to an expected future which may never materialize. As a result, many retailers and distributors have adopted a discipline designed to create an instinctive ability to envision alternative futures, to recognize them as they reveal themselves and to refine strategy deployment based upon shifting future business environments. This process, Scenario Planning, is intended to help the retail organization “think the unthinkable” about the future as a prelude to developing strategies which can produce acceptable results across a range of plausible alternative future business environments.
What We Do
TPG’s scenario planners are experienced in assisting retail organizations in the deployment of leading scenario planning practices including process design, facilitation and capability development. A partial list of our scenario planning consulting services include:
- Scenario Planning Design: Creating the appropriate scenario planning process for a retail organization.
- Scenario Planner Training and Developmentt: Helping an organization acquire and develop the capabilities needed to effectively sustain the process.
- Tool Acquisition: Assisting retail clients in the development or acquisition of scenario planning software and/or modeling tools.
- Facilitation: Assisting a retail client during the initial cycles of the scenario planning process.
- Organizational Preparedness: Integrating the scenario planning process with existing planning initiatives.