Company: The Partnering Group
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Field: Journalism, communications, public relations
Job Functions: Copywriting to include marketing materials, website material, articles, and press releases
The Partnering Group (TPG) is a global management consulting firm based in Cincinnati, Ohio. TPG’s clients are global, blue chip consumer products manufacturers and retailers. TPG works with over 175 clients each year in more than 40 countries.
TPG is seeking a copywriter to work across all of our Practices and support them in a variety of ways. The copywriter will be responsible for generating stand-alone copy, or text to complement visual concepts created by our graphics team, across many platforms, including:
• Websites, mobile apps, emails, social media, blogs
• Marketing materials
• Press and print advertising
• Press releases
• Sales letters
The copywriter will be expected to develop his/her industry knowledge and skills and to have the desire to expand his/her responsibilities and capabilities over time. There will also be the requirement to use creative instincts to develop engaging copy to fulfil Partner and client expectations.
The role will involve collecting content/feedback from TPG’s Partners to create finished pieces that attract and persuade clients. The lead on a project will usually work with a copywriter, encouraging them to think ‘outside the box’ and gain confidence in their decision-making and copy capabilities.
All copy created by copywriter needs to interest the audience, while adhering to the objectives of the initiative, staying within the brief and being completely grammatically accurate.
The copywriter role would also be tasked with the following:
- Editorial Calendar – establishing overarching TPG content objectives/strategies, as well as the annual calendar of focal points and content themes that best support the objectives/strategies/focal points. As with any good editorial calendar, there will be planned items and flexibility for the unforeseen/opportunistic things that come along during the year.
- Content Creation – the actual copywriting and content development that supports the editorial objectives/strategies/calendar of TPG
- Content Curation – aggregating industry research, articles, etc., in ways that support the editorial objectives/strategies/calendar of TPG but don’t necessarily require copywriting per se
- Content Standards – developing TPG content/communications standards to make the job of writing easier and the output more consistent for those beyond this role who create content for TPG
- Common activities for the role of a copywriter include:
- Understanding the message the Partner/client is seeking to deliver and translating this into attractive copy
- Writing perfect, pleasing copy that will engage the reader
- Receiving feedback and using it to grow and improve as a copywriter
- Understanding client specifications to craft copy that is on brand
- Working with a design director to devise creative strategies
- Keeping copy consistent and identifiable for each client
- Producing creative ideas for innovative campaigns and articles
- Marketplace Research & Analytics
- Client Solution Branding
A copywriter needs a wide range of design and creative capabilities. These include:
- The ability to think creatively and translate ideas into copy
- Experience in writing strong, succinct copy that is grammatically correct
- A flexible approach and willingness to adapt ideas to the needs of clients
- The ability to meet deadlines and work in a pressurized environment
- Great organizational skills
- An eye for detail and a desire for perfection
- Strong research skills that ensure all copy is correct and accurate
- A passion for writing and the willingness to learn from other creative professionals
Working patterns usually conform to regular office hours. However, there is occasionally the need to be available early or late in the day to maintain the companies output and reliability.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
Graduation from a four-year college or university preferably with a major in journalism or English
Income commensurate with experience
Please email your resume and writing sample here
Connect with us: