Mitchell is a Partner in TPG’s Retail and Supplier Practices.
Partner Capabilities and Experience:
Since 1995 when the first ECR Category Management Best Practices report was published, Mitchell has assisted TPG’s clients in all phases in the implementation of Category Management. He has worked with clients in the United States, Canada, Mexico, and Japan.
Some of Mitchell’s recent client work includes:
- Developing Category Business Plans in grocery, HBC and fresh product departments for a large, multi-divisional North American grocery retailer
- Assisting development of Category Management Best Practices for the Japanese drug industry
- Developing in-store category design concepts and Destination Role Category Business Plans for a North American niche retailer
- Implementing Operational Category Management at a large North American wholesaler
- Assisting a large Japanese manufacturer to develop internal Category Management capabilities
- Being a member of the team that developed Best Practices Operational Category Management model for U. S. wholesaling and independent retailer channe
Partner Industry Experience:
Mitchell grew up in the grocery industry — his family being the owner / operators of an industry award-winning supermarket chain in Southern California.
He has twenty-five years of experience in the retail industry, including Director of Marketing and Strategic Planning for Los Angeles brokerage, Pasarow Foods; Director of Private Label Marketing, Director of Market Development, and Director of Strategic Information for Smart & Final; and Market Research Director with the Vons Companies, where he was involved in Vons’ strategic marketing and customer segmentation work.
Mitchell holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration in both Finance and Food Industry Management from the University of Southern California and an MBA from the California State University.
Area(s) of Expertise:
- Retail Consulting
Connect with us: