Brian is a partner in TPG and consults primarily with manufacturers to improve organizational design, performance and functional capabilities in innovation, product development, engineering, quality, end-to-end supply chain at both central and factory levels. Brian leads projects on optimization of technical innovation processes, Total Quality Improvement (TQI), TPM/Lean, technology platform development and harmonization, Excellence by Design, performance improvement and end-to-end cost reduction.
Partner Capabilities and Experience:
Brian has a unique global perspective and experience leveraging front-end product and package design and back-end technology transfer to enhance speed, quality, cost and vertical factory integration of new products. Equally comfortable in the board room, the R&D lab, pilot plant or on the plant floor, Brian has lead the re-design of ways-of-working leading to breakthrough results as a practitioner and consultant for clients in in the North America, Asia, Latin America and Europe.
Brian’s recent client work includes:
- Designing a Total Quality Improvement initiative and global quality structure for highly innovative global performance sports company
- Facilitating a central function re-design of engineering, quality and product development for a major European food company
- Facilitating innovation organizational designs for 3 consumer products clients
- Developing technical platform harmonization programs for 2 clients in personal care and food
- Implementing a Total Productive Maintenance (TPM)/Lean initiative for a consumer product client that leading to a 30-40% sustained performance improvement in their packaging operation
- Serving as the interim Cost Improvement Director for a large personal and consumer health care company leading to reaching $90-110MM cost reduction targets in both years
Partner Industry Experience:
Prior to joining TPG, Brian spent 10 years as the President of Interfaces Inc., providing client services services to companies such as Quaker Oats, Brown Forman, Johnson & Johnson, Sundor, Procter & Gamble and the American Institute of Chemical Engineers. Prior to becoming a full-time business owner, Brian spent 6 years with Procter and Gamble North America and Far East where he created designed products, developed technical platforms (many of which are still in place today) and built global innovation processes, driving speed-to-market, cost and process optimization in their global operations.
Brian lives in Louisville, Kentucky. He graduated from the Colorado School of Mines with a BS degree in Chemical Engineering and is professionally involved with AIChE in the Process Development forum.
Area(s) of Expertise:
- Manufacturer Consulting
- Retail Consulting