This course is designed to review the tools and techniques for evaluating the financial value of concepts and initiatives developed primarily during joint retailer/manufacturer business planning during a Shopper & Category Development (S&CD) Plan. These tools and techniques will also be useful for trading partners individually in evaluating ideas and suggestions for consideration. The course will cover demand, customer service and supply concepts and initiatives. Participants will get hands-on experience by tracking a fictitious, but realistic, S&CD category plan, to identify, and evaluate concepts, strategies and initiatives. Finally, participants will learn practical techniques that will enable them to apply their learning the very next day.
- Introduction to Shopper & Category financial tools and techniques
- Insight/concept generation and evaluation
- Evaluating category strategies
- Evaluating initiatives and tactical plans
- Evaluating initiatives through implementation and scorecarding
- Techniques for evaluating new, industry initiatives – e.g. loyalty marketing, sustainability, etc.
- Instructor led
Any person from a Manufacturer, Retailer, Distributor or Agency, within the Consumer Product Goods industry, who seeks a more advanced understanding of Financial Analysis of Concepts and Initiatives. Typical participants include roles such as Category Managers, Buyers, Merchandisers, Account Executives, Brand Managers, Pricing & Promotion Managers, Finance Managers, Business Managers, Operations Managers, Retail or Sales Strategy Managers, Trade Marketers, Supply Chain Managers, Category Analysts, etc.
Financial & Business Acumen
Analysis & Insights
Retailer & Manufacturer Relationship Development