Anyone looking at Cat Man training must be sure their program follows best practices that are compatible within the industry, provide organizational consistency and will result in superior results.
TPG not only wrote the initial Category Management best practice report, but has continually updated the Category Management approach to meet the evolving needs of our industry needs.
What We Do
- TPG’s Category Management curriculum puts consumer and shopper insights at the core of developing and executing winning Category Plans.
- TPG’s Category Management subject matter experts have worked in top suppliers and retailers in leading the development and flawless execution of hundreds of differentiating Category Plans.
- Key to our learning and training begins with our competency-based approach that assesses your team’s Category Management capabilities relative to best practices.
- Each course provides hands -on learning opportunities to enable measureable growth in both competencies and results.
We evaluate/test Cat Man capabilities relative to best practices and then recommend a personalized set of specific courses that address each person’s individual development opportunities.
We offer 41 courses at 3 levels based upon 9 Category Management competencies:
- Foundation Level: Competencies required to successfully manage smaller and transactional areas of the business (short planning cycles, business plans focused on tactics).
- Advanced: Competencies required to successfully lead and manage larger, more sophisticated areas of the business (tactical, strategic) with longer planning horizons.
- Mastery: Competencies required to lead/manage/influence the largest, most sophisticated areas of the business that are strategic and/or innovative and influence the overall market.
Each course is modular, interactive and provides on-line access to robust and comprehensive course handouts.