This course will provide participants a deep understanding of the importance of translating business plans into specific Tactics and Initiatives which can deliver against selective strategies. A major opportunity that trade partners face is how to develop, validate and jointly implement winning Tactics with differentiated initiatives to allow for a “Glo-cal” approach. Global business plans require the flexibility for customization at a local level so that ownership of executional traction can occur at the channel, banner, segment level.
- Powering up Tactics for enabling delivery of linked category strategies
- Grounding Tactics and Initiatives in a validated, fact-based, category (and brand/retailer) growing basis
- Discrimination across choices on Tactics and Initiatives that are “SMART” (specific, measurable, actionable, robust, trade partner aligned)
- Initiative development through internal, multi-functional and external trade partner collaboration and ownership
- Powering up alignment, action planning and day-to-day traction of Tactics and Initiatives through a Tactical Blueprint
- The power of delivering a few, select and fully linked initiatives to a specific tactic in order to deliver a specific strategy
- Instructor led
Any person from a Manufacturer, Retailer, Distributor or Agency, within the Consumer Product Goods industry, who seeks a more advanced understanding of Tactical Blueprints and Initiative Development. Typical participants include roles such as Category Managers, Buyers, Merchandisers, Account Executives, Brand Managers, Pricing & Promotion Managers, Finance Managers, Business Managers, Operations Managers, Retail or Sales Strategy Managers, Trade Marketers, Supply Chain Managers, Category Analysts, etc.
Strategic Business Planning
Analysis & Insights