This course is designed to teach the fundamentals of effective shelf management. Participants learn the basics of creating shelving plans that can effectively convert a store shopper into a category buyer. Unlike simple shelf management training, this seminar starts with the psychology of consumer shopping behavior, and then addresses all of the shelving elements that generate sales. The course introduces a shelf management process that can be applied across all categories within the store. The course’s primary focus is on the effective objective setting, determining the best opportunities, and the planning and execution of shelf management.
- Understanding the psychology of shopping and buying
- The strategic framework for shelf management
- Shelf management: the key components and business process of shelf management
- Effective shelf management planning
- Components of effective shelf management decisions
- Techniques to conduct effective shelving analysis
- Effective and efficient implementation
- Key shelving tools (examples of shelving tools and reports used in the industry today)
- Course application to tomorrow’s business as a retailer and manufacturer
- Instructor led
Any person from a Manufacturer, Retailer, Distributor or Agency, within the Consumer Product Goods industry, who seeks a basic, actionable understanding of Shelf Management. Typical participants include roles such as Category Managers, Buyers, Merchandisers, Account Executives, Operations Managers, Retail or Sales Strategy Managers, Category Analysts, etc.
Retail Merchandising & Service
Analysis & Insights
Trading Partner Development
Connect with us: