Optimizing Limited ResourcesContact Us
Optimizing Limited Resources
Medium sized, narrow portfolio consumer goods manufacturer
This medium sized consumer goods company operated in a competitive environment where aggressive acquisitions were the norm. Competing in this market led to SG&A and trade budgets that were out of control. Leaders knew that new and improved Sales skills would be required to remain competitive.
The objective was to design a more efficient selling organization through improved focus and upgraded work processes, while developing the capabilities required to enable driving improved results at a lower cost.
TPG utilized our proprietary assessment and design model to develop new work flows, structure and capabilities required to remain competitive. Outputs included:
1) Strategic Plan Development – to drive clear strategy and alignment throughout the organization
2) Newly designed Selling organization
3) Category Business Planning capability – to reframe the category to customers
4) Skill and Leadership Training – to shift from sales managers to business managers
1) Reduced SG&A/Trade Spending from 16.8% to 9.9% of Sales
2) Upgraded 20% of the Sales organization
3) Led category business planning at all key customers
4) Sales Growth +25%, Driven by Key Customers +31%, while maintaining SG&A and Trade Spending below 10%