Case Study : Global manufacturer of Food productsContact Us
Global manufacturer of Food products.
Medium size, narrow portfolio CPG company operating in an aggressive acquisition environment. SG&A and Trade Budgets were out of control. Industry was consolidating. Customer surveys indicated the need for new sales skills.
Assess current organization versus industry best practices and develop recommended Roadmap for implementing needed changes while maintaining the on-going business requirements.
Organization Performance Model (OPM) was at the heart of all the initiatives. Completed Assessment, followed by Design, then Implementation and on-going Renewal. Key Projects with TPG Involvement.
1) New Sales, Trade Marketing Design & Implementation
2) OGSM to drive clear strategy and alignment throughout the organization.
3) Category Business Planning to reframe the category to customers.
4) Skill and Leadership Training to shift from sales managers to business managers.
In first year, reduced SG&A/Trade Spending from 16.8% to 9.9% of Sales. Upgraded 20% of the Sales organization. Led Category Business planning at all Key Customers. 1st 3 years of deployment, Sales growth +25% driven by Key Customers +31% while maintaining SG&A and Trade Spending below 10%.
4) Stock doubled in four years since inception of the programs.
5) One page strategic business plans with all key customers .