Case Study : European Brand Develops Strategic Assortment and MerchandisingContact Us
European Soft Drinks Manufacturer.
1) The category was presented in the store in a traditional way, with a focus on product format.
2) Assortment was planned by product format with guidelines based on historical understanding of the consumer and shopper.
1) TPG led an initiative to develop a vision for the category, identify new drivers of growth and to develop a new segmentation of the category based on consumer and shopper needs.
2) The project included working with the manufacturer and selected retailers to undertake joint category planning to implement the new direction for the category.
1) TPG worked with the client and research agencies to develop breakthrough insights on the category.
2) New growth drivers were developed, with a focus on health and wellness.
3) A new category segmentation was defined.
4) New assortment and layout recommendations were developed, with shopper based ranging and layout and new sub-segments implemented in store to reflect the new category segmentation.
1) Transformed skills, capabilities and confidence levels within commercial teams leading to significant breakthroughs with major retailers .
2) 8% increase in stores where the new assortment and layout was implemented.