Case Study: Marketing A New Proposition
Regional Supermarket Retailer
Very successful supermarket retailer that was facing an emerging field of diverse competitors. With a solid base of loyal shoppers, the retailer needed to reestablish and communicate a meaningful proposition vis-à-vis the competitors. As a traditional supermarket chain, identifying and articulating a meaningful proposition, bridging the past with the future, would be a formidable challenge.
Identify and market a new point-of-difference, a new proposition to their target shopper.
- Through research and analysis, TPG validated the future relevancy of the client’s target shopper.
- TPG completed a consumer and retail analysis for the entire portfolio
- TPG helped the client prioritize the portfolio based upon multi-faceted criteria
- TPG assisted the client in creating the new proposition and communication brief
- Successful repositioning within the marketplace
- New advertising format
- Reallocation of advertising and merchandising resources to priority departments