Retailers are seeking to launch ecommerce divisions to drive sales and profits. This undertaking is similar to starting an entirely new company within the existing company. Ecommerce retail has a different P&L, shopper and purchasing mix than the average retail store. It requires mastery of a complex toolkit of marketing channels that drive traffic. Typically, retailers will focus first on software missing the strategic opportunity. Leading retailers set a clear strategic roadmap driven by a financial plan.
Ecommerce retail has a different P&L, shopper and purchasing mix than the average retail store. It requires mastery of a complex toolkit of marketing channels that drive traffic. New measures of success and cost drivers must be tracked closely to ensure profitability.
Typically, retailers will focus first on software missing the strategic opportunity. Leading retailers set a clear strategic roadmap driven by a financial plan.
What We Do
TPG’s ecommerce launch provides a roadmap to launch and grow Ecommerce. TPG helps companies to launch ecommerce productively and profitably. A partial list of our ecommerce launch consulting services include:
- Ecommerce Strategic Plan: Defines the Objectives, Goals (financials), Strategies and Measures (KPIs) of the Ecommerce division aligning all functions with key executive input.
- Ecommerce P&L Forecast: Provides a forecasting model leveraging Customer Lifecycle metrics, industry benchmarks and product category expansion benefits. A 3 year detailed P&L including costs and capex.
- Target Shopper Analysis: Details the ecommerce customer/shopper segmentation with personas, shopping missions and value of each segment.
- Functionality Review and Competitive Benchmarks: This comprehensive audit defines the core functions required for your site (across devices) and highlights the unique functions your competitors provide in their ecommerce experience. Provides clear business cases for investments.
- Ecommerce Systems Roadmap: Provides a summary of critical systems requirements to deliver on the Ecommerce Strategy. Delivers a set of comprehensive business requirements and RFPs.
- Initial Process and Organization: TPG provides a starter organization design, role descriptions and structure custom designed for the initial product and marketing mix. This will include the key meetings and process steps to drive operations.
- Shipping, Returns and Customer Service Policy: Design of the desired state shipping, returns and customer service policies including pricing of fees and detailed policy descriptions.