Omni-channel & Ecommerce Roadmap
TPG and the manufacturer design team will develop a high level implementation roadmap involving all functions and their key deliverables. The roadmap will cover a timeline that will span three years with by-week detail in first 12 months.
What We Do
TPG’s proprietary Omni-channel and Ecommerce Roadmap products include several critical changeover and facilitation plans that ensure a comprehensive, successful and sustainable implementation. A partial list of our execution and implementation consulting services includes:
- Change Management and Education: TPG will conduct ecommerce and Omni-channel seminars that typically take 3 hours at the manufacturer site and review brand, supply chain, sales and IT. They are done to ensure proper communication throughout the organization.
- Launching the Ecommerce Center of Excellence: TPG will provide coaching for a new hire, Head of Ecommerce role as part of a 100-day plan. TPG will also help facilitate building ecommerce components into team plans, innovation pipelines and Annual Operation Plans, and Pro forma P&L development.
- Ecommerce/Omni Guidebook for brands and categories at Retail (go to market selling toolset): Our consultants will provide a guidebook that includes a usability study of how shoppers buy online across key retailers, keyword analysis and search/SEO action plans, strategies and tactics recommendations, to retailers to grow the category online, digital toolkit explained and easy to present, and deploy to sales teams with training session at the 101 level and 201 level.
- Ecommerce/Omni Joint Business Planning Pilot Program with leading retailer: This pilot program uses insights from TPG’s work at leading retailers regarding joint planning with partners. A pilot may only cover 2 or 3 of the scoping items below dependent on retailer and opportunities. Potential pilot opportunities are unique ecommerce assortment, digital shopper marketing partnership, site optimization to drive conversion, and supply chain demand planning and shipping cost optimization.
- Digital Shopper Marketing Recommendations: Review retailer digital offers (fee or free) to asses maximizing the highest ROI for digital shopper marketing programs. TPG will provide recommendations to invest in or drive social commerce, social platforms, and customer reviews. TPG and the manufacturer will collaborate during concept design to develop unique interactive shopping tools, mini-sites or “apps” and shopper concept testing. Additional solutions include design of a calendar with digital test and Learns for key strategic retailers, development of the ROI tools and proformas to pre-determine the results desired from retailer programs and post audit, create and launch a lean online video and photo studio for scalable video content and design, cost of setup, operations, and cost per video.
- In-store Pickup and Drive through Initiatives: TPG forecasts that grocery, mass and drug expansion into mobile app driven shopping with drive up or drive through pickup will continue to expand fast into the next decade. This work is particularly critical as an omni-channel for mainstream categories. TPG designs programs to drive conversion to purchasing and “add to list” plus drive impulse purchasing within in store pickup solutions.