Inbound Network Consolidation
Retailers, Distributors and Ecommerce companies are increasingly under more pressure to create sustainable high performance, low cost supply chain networks. Developing an Inbound Consolidation Program significantly increases company profitability, and creates a true competitive advantage through new product flows and renewed focus and collaboration on supplier Performance.
Inbound Consolidation Program consists of the following elements: controlling the movement of TL and less than truck load (LTL) finished products from suppliers and vendors into lowest cost consolidation center locations, aggregating multiple suppliers products into full truck load (TL or inter-modal), and shipping directly to your internal Distribution Centers for final delivery to customers.
- Inbound Consolidation is the “highest Impact Strategic Initiative” within Supply Chain that Delivers Share Holder Value to the Business…
- Best in Class Supply Chains begin with Best in Class Inbound Programs
What We Do
TPG’s Supply Chain Team assists clients in strategy development, best practice program development, supporting or leading supplier negotiations and leading implementation. This helps ensure the highest savings and service level improvements. The overall program usually consists of the following areas:
- Sharing fundamentals of Supplier First Cost Model & Typical Supplier Network Cost & Service levels
- Incorporating all Supply Chan Fundamentals to drive highest service and lowest costs out of suppliers network
- Utilizing Inbound modeling tools to take out complexity and show savings
- Integrating Inbound consolidation where possible into your current network
- Building cross functional collaboration around new supplier standards & performance and integrating into current business requirements & shipping guidelines
- Building sustainable process & productivity loop