Bill is a Partner and is leading TPG’s work in the Automotive Aftermarket channel, has geographic responsibility for Japan and is responsible for the Financial practice.
Partner Capabilities and Experience:
As one of TPG’s most senior partners, Bill leads engagements with both retailers and manufacturers in a variety of critical areas: strategic planning and deployment; organization design and transition, and category and customer/supplier management. Bill’s client list includes a wide range of multi-national/regional companies across multiple trade channels. He has consulted in the United States, Japan, Canada, France, Germany and the United Kingdom.
Some of Bill’s recent project experiences include:
- Led corporate strategy development and deployment and category management capability development for two multi-billion dollar aftermarket retailers and a major regional aftermarket Distributor.
- Led category management capability development for the largest non-food wholesaler in Japan.
- Category Leadership Program development for a major aftermarket parts manufacturer.
- Global category management capability development for a multi-national motor oil company.
- Primary author of “The Enhanced Line Review” for the Automotive Aftermarket Industry Association
- Redesigned the private-label organization for a major grocery chain.
- Developed and delivered financial and analytical training to support both supplier business development and retailer merchant organizations.
Partner Industry Experience:
Bill was CFO of Bigg’s Hypermarkets. Prior to that he spent 25 years at Procter & Gamble where he was CFO of P&G Japan. His last assignment was as worldwide sales controller where he supported the creation of the original Walmart customer team.
He holds an MBA (Finance) from the Kellogg Graduate School of Management and a BA degree (Psychology) from Colgate.
Area(s) of Expertise:
- Manufacturer Consulting
- Manufacturer Training
- Retail Consulting
- Retail Training