Wendy is a Partner in the Marketing & Innovation Practice of The Partnering Group. She is known for maximizing profitability and growth by relying on consumer insights, data, and analytics to design customer-centric products, experiences and communications plans. She is also recognized for being highly collaborative and bringing cross-functional stakeholders together to solve complex business challenges.
Partner Capabilities and Experience:
Wendy has a diverse background within CPG and non-CPG organizations. She’s held both sales and marketing leadership positions, and worked within direct store delivery, brokered, and foodservice organizations. Her areas of expertise include:
- Assessing the consumer and competitor landscape, and leveraging insights and analytics to define differentiated brand strategies and positioning that yield growth and profitability.
- Defining the brand narrative to inform integrated, customer-centric marketing strategies and initiatives that deliver measurable business results.
- Leading innovation/ renovation projects, identifying market segment opportunities, collaborating on product development and testing, and developing packaging and product launch plans.
- Managing projects utilizing the Stage-Gate® Process and RACI Matrix to ensure efficiencies in decision making to achieve KPIs and program objectives.
Partner Industry Experience:
Wendy has held leadership roles at Pepperidge Farm and Dr Pepper/ Seven Up, and has agency experience managing the Pepsi USA and Pepsi International businesses. Additionally she has experience in the healthcare (Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana), toy (LEGO, Inc.), and foodservice (Dr Pepper and Metromedia Restaurant Group) industries. Her accomplishments include:
- Developing the Pepperidge Farm master brand strategy to drive greater efficiency into marketing and communications planning and investments, and to establish a consumer activation platform that leveraged fervent consumer passion and brand equity.
- Guiding the development of the marketing strategy and brand positioning of the Dr Pepper brands for the take-home channels of trade, representing 76% of the U.S. business, and delivering consecutive years of growth.
- Leading the integrated marketing team that contributed to delivering successive years of top-line and bottom-line growth across the Pepperidge Farm portfolio of businesses.
- Directing the team that created the first ever Pepperidge Farm and Campbell Soup Company Holiday Program designed to leverage combined retail scale – delivering +5% to +15% growth by brand across the Holiday product portfolio.
- Guiding innovation and renovation projects within the food and beverage categories for brands such as Diet 7Up, A&W Root Beer, Crush and Vernors, and Pepperidge Farm cookies, crackers and Goldfish.
Wendy holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in Journalism from Louisiana State University, with a major in advertising and a minor in Marketing and Economics.