Steve is a Partner in The Partnering Group, focused primarily in the Supply Chain Practice. Steve consults with Retailers and Suppliers and his expertise provides sustainability of high performance teams through combining extensive domain expertise and disciplined strategic vision, innovation, and operational execution. Steve is driven to allow an organization to quickly realize value creation, improved service, and lower costs while maintaining and or identifying unique competitive advantages in the market.
Partner Capabilities and Experience:
Steve has vast experience in Supply Chain Management including integrating Manufacturer and Retailer Operations, Strategy Development, Organizational and Network Redesign, Logistics Operations Planning & Development, and Best Practice Implementation.
Partner Industry Experience:
Steve brings extensive experience in North American and global logistics/ supply chain for top supply/ retail companies such as OfficeDepot/OfficeMax, Starbucks, Grainger, Wal-Mart and Sam’s Clubs.
- Developing Supply Chain Strategic Plans aligned with business strategy for multiple Fortune 500 companies that achieved impressive results in international growth and profit margins.
- Utilizing inbound and network modeling tools that drove global revenue from zero to $10B+ through in-country logistics networks for a Fortune 100 company.
- Re-engineering and building infrastructure to support supplier flow changes into networks to deliver improved cost structure, service and quality for a Fortune 300 company.
- Led 8 Greenfield international startups (Pacific Rim and Latin / North America): and re-engineered 17 international & US Markets “end to end” supply chains including cold chain compliant and perishable networks.
- Leading M & A and Due Diligence transaction.
Steve holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Industrial Administration from Iowa State University.
Areas of Expertise
- Retail Consulting
- Manufacturer Consulting
- Industrial Supply
- Network Optimization
- Organizational Design
- International Trade
- Logistics & Operational Planning & Development
- Omni Channel