Mike is Managing Director and leads the Customer Development Practice globally for TPG, consulting and training with both manufacturers and retailers.
Partner Capabilities and Experience:
Mike has vast experience and consults on leading edge customer management best practices, including sales strategic planning, sales organization design, category leadership, channel management and channel/customer segmentation, joint business planning, shopper marketing and trade spend optimization.
Recent Client engagements have included:
• Designed & implemented new Trade Marketing/Shopper Marketing organization, Sales Organization and Marketing Organization for a Top Tier Global Food Company.
• Global project with Industry leading Electronics Company to implement “Best in Class” Customer Management strategies (Sales Strategy development, Annual Business Planning, Sales training, Trade Spend Optimization, Promotion Optimization and Shopper Research/Insights).
• Designed & implemented new Innovation Best Practice strategies and organizational structure changes at Top Global Food Company across two divisions.
• Designed & implemented new Trade Spend Optimization capabilities at Top Tier Food Company.
• Helped develop 3 year sales strategies for Global Top Tier Food Company.
• Completed extensive Customer Management assessment with Top Tier Wine/Spirits Company, developing roadmap for the next 3-5 years.
Partner Industry Experience:
Mike has over 30 years of executive experience in the consumer packaged goods industry in the US and abroad. He has held senior Sales Executive and General Management roles with Procter & Gamble, IRI, Kao and Chiquita.
Mike holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in Economics from Wabash College where he played basketball for 4 years and led his team to the 1982 Division III National Championship as Captain his senior year.
Area(s) of Expertise:
- Manufacturer Consulting
- Manufacturer Training
- Retail Consulting