Lou is a Partner in TPG’s Retailer and Supplier Consulting Practices.
Partner Capabilities and Experience:
Since 1995, when the first ECR Category Management Best Practices report was published, Lou has assisted TPG’s clients in all phases of the implementation of Category Management. He has worked with retailer and supplier clients in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Europe, South America, and Japan. Lou has special expertise in the application of Category Management techniques to perishable categories (meat and seafood, produce, bakery, deli and dairy) and has led numerous TPG consulting assignments in these perishable areas.
Some of Lou’s recent client work includes:
- Leading the development of Category Business Plans in Fresh Meat and Deli (delivering double digit increases in sales and profits) with a leading U.S. retailer
- Leading the development of 6 Fresh Category Plans and facilitated the complete redesign of seafood management practices from docks to stores for a South American retailer
- Facilitating a retailer’s complete product re-assortment in the produce department
- For the ECR Committee (Brazil), conducting a Category Management for Fresh Departments Seminar
- Leading the development of Quality Standards for Fruits and Vegetables across Latin America suppliers
Lou’s consulting experiences more broadly include assisting TPG clients in areas of:
- Strategic Plan Development
- Perishable Merchandising and Buying Practices
- Store Operations Practices
- Supply Chain Processes
- Perishable Organizational Design and Assessment
Partner Industry Experience:
He has twenty-eight years of experience in the retail and wholesale industry, including Director of Grocery, GM/HBC, and Private Label Sales and Marketing, and Director of Perishable Sales and Marketing for Spartan Stores Inc; and Director of Merchandising and Procurement, Director of Grocery, Frozen Food and Dairy, for the US’s largest wholesaler Supervalu Inc.
Lou attended Eastern Illinois University and majored in Education.
Area(s) of Expertise:
- Retail Consulting
- Retail Training