John is a TPG Partner who uniquely blends sales, marketing, training and human resource expertise to help organizations drive results by expanding their employees’ capabilities.
Partner Capabilities and Experience:
With TPG, John’s responsibilities include the design, development and delivery of CPG Training, Retail Training, Category Management Training and Executive Coaching. Additionally he has been involved in Consumer Products Consulting, including Organization Development, Customer Development, Category Management and Collaborative Value Creation.
Throughout his career John has led many successful organizational restructuring initiatives. He has helped organizations hire, develop and retain thousands of employees, and he has helped numerous clients develop customized performance management and training solutions.
Some of John’s engagements include:
- Leading the development of a comprehensive curriculum and suite of instructor-led and e-learning Category Management Training and Sales Training courses offered through TPG University.
- Designing and implementing training to support manufacturer category leadership and sales initiatives in the electronics, pharmaceutical, social expressions, pet care, food and beverage categories.
- Developing a comprehensive training curriculum and suite of training products to enable a Fortune-100 automotive industry company to bring consumer products best practices to their sales, marketing and category management functions.
- Leading the development and delivery of start-up Sales Training for a newly-organized retail sales organization at a global food company.
- Designing, developing and delivering a suite of Category Management Training courses for the Category Managers/ Merchants at several leading retailers.
- Leading the formation and implementation of Joint Business Planning teams in several countries for a global electronics firm
- Executive Coaching for numerous sales and marketing, high-potential executives to enable them, and the organizations they lead, to flourish.
Partner Industry Experience:
John’s successful career spans more than three decades. Prior to joining TPG he consistently succeeded in positions at both Procter & Gamble and ConAgra Foods, followed by his creation of an independent HR and training consulting practice.
At Procter &Gamble, John served as a manager in the Worldwide Sales Training & Development Organization, as Promotion Manager on the Tide Brand, and shared the lead in the start-up of P&G’s Grocery Retail Organization.
At ConAgra Foods, John helped launch a new independent operating company focused on retail merchandising. Other notable experiences include serving as National Sales Training Manager and as Director, Staffing and Organization Development.
John graduated with honors in Business Administration from Butler University and achieved his SPHR (Senior Professional in Human Resource) certification.
Area(s) of Expertise:
- CPG Training
- Retail Training
- Category Management Training
- Executive Coaching
- Consumer Products Consulting
- Organization Development
- Customer Development
- Category Management
- Collaborative Value Creation