Jim is a partner in The Partnering Group specializing in Revenue Acceleration enabled via brand development, product management, go-to-market plans and customer development.
Partner Capabilities and Experience:
Jim has extensive experience with diverse groups of large and mid-cap companies operating in US and International markets. He offers an impressive track record of generating wealth by transforming a company’s revenue-generating capabilities. He specializes in developing growth strategies backed by pragmatic business plans. Jim partners with the client’s organization to quickly execute the plan and deliver results while simultaneously elevating the organization’s capability. He has succeeded in every functional responsibility critical to generating revenue and P&L management as outlined below:
- Chief Revenue Officer – Viking Range Corporation; responsible for P&L, product management, design, marketing and sales across 42 countries for a privately held $200mil luxury appliance company.
- Restored double-digit growth in 2012, reversing a prior 4 years of declining sales and profit by introducing a new product line, expanding into new international markets and installing discipline with product management, go-to-market and sales execution.
- Improving growth trajectory enabled Viking to sell in Dec, 2012 at a 22x EBITDA and 2X sales multiple.
- President and CEO – LG Electronics USA: led all business functions and P&L for a $4bil sales consumer and B2B electronics company spanning 4 business units and an 800 person organization.
- Grew sales +22% in a down market, generating $800mil in new revenue, the best performance by the subsidiary in over 5 years.
- Grew the flagship division’s Television business +92% by implementing a new channel strategy leading to placement into over 6,000 new retailers in only a 6 month period.
- Chief Go-to-Market Officer – LG Electronics Global: created and implemented best in class go-to-market practices globally in a $50bil consumer and B2B electronics company.
- Designed and implemented a disciplined set of go-to-market best practices for customer development, pricing, promotion, trade terms and shopper marketing which were installed in LG’s top 30 countries worldwide.
- These practices generated over $200mil profit improvement in 2008 and 2009 via strong analysis and decision-making disciplines.
- Chief Customer Officer – Novartis Consumer Health: function leader for a 6,000 person sales organization in a $8bil sales health, nutrition and eye-care company spanning 6 business units operating in 130 countries.
- Designed and implemented a Customer Excellence strategy to accelerate customer development and improve profit, leading to a doubling of growth at the company’s top 3 global customers, Wal-mart, CVS and Walgreens.
- Sales and Customer Management – Procter and Gamble: progressed through 9 different sales, product and go-to-market positions in the world’s largest consumer products company spanning a 24 year career.
- Learned the business from the bottom-up as a Folgers coffee salesman calling on grocery stores, progressing through the ranks of Unit Sales Manager, District Sales Manager, and Division Sales Manager leading to eventual appointment as the Director of North America Market Strategy and Planning for the $7bil Paper Division.
Partner Industry Experience:
University of Georgia Executive MBA program – Partners with the Management Department head to teach Organization Leadership.
Jim holds a Bachelors of Business Administration from the University of Georgia.