Eric Strobel leads engagements primarily with manufacturers in strategy, business development, marketing, and Category Leadership. He is also a leading partner in developing and delivering marketing training. As well, Eric leverages his broad background by providing executive coaching to Senior Executives/ General Managers.
Partner Capabilities and Experience:
Eric’s reach extends across strategic planning and deployment, new business development, marketing productivity and problem solving, and Category Leadership. The scope of his client support ranges from assessment of current capability to development of differentiating business strategies and plans to accountability-based implementation and review practices. Eric’s consulting and training work has been with a diverse set of clients including multi-national and regional, multi-division and single product companies across different industries and across the United States, Canada and United Kingdom.
Some of Eric’s more recent engagements include;
- Developing a Corporate and set of cascaded functional strategies for a leading company in the document management business
- Leading an extensive Product Portfolio assessment and changed new product development strategy for a division of a multi-national consumer products company
- Developing a more fact-based and consumer driven brand positioning for a brand in a unique, premium segment of a major category
- Helping establish a significantly revised definition and prioritization of core, expansion and opportunity markets for the number two brand in a seasonal category
- Conducting training to the marketing departments of a multi-division major food company on various marketing and retail/customer related topics
Eric co-authored the ECR Best Practice publication Efficient Product Introductions.
Partner Industry Experience:
Prior to TPG, Eric Strobel had over twenty years of experience in General Management and Marketing at ConAgra, Kraft Foods and Procter & Gamble. He has worked across numerous product categories, led large, multi-functional organizations, introduced multiple new products, made acquisitions and held international assignments. Past positions include President of Armour, Swift-Eckrich Processed Meats, a division of Conagra. At Kraft Foods, he was Senior Vice President of Marketing, President of Grocery Products and President of the business development Venture Group. At Procter & Gamble, among his various positions, Eric served as Country Manager, Austria and Vice President of Marketing, Soft Drinks.
He has an MBA from the Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania and a BA in Psychology from Wesleyan University (Connecticut).
Area(s) of Expertise:
- Manufacturer Consulting
- Manufacturer Training