Dan Salcido is a TPG Partner and leads engagements globally, with emphasis in Latin America and North America. Dan consults with Manufacturers and Retailers in a broad array of best practices to help immediately build their capacity and capability.
Partner Capabilities and Experience:
Dan’s focus is on providing clients a customized solution based upon best practices and his strong practitioner-based experience and skillsets. Dan provides subject matter expertise in the innovative development of multicultural marketing initiatives for clients seeking to understand and penetrate rapidly growing demographic segments. Dan’s skill-set in Customer Management, Category Management, eBusiness, Marketing, Retail, Training as well as Organizational Design & Implementation enables clients to seize a full range of applications to drive profitable top-line growth. Dan works across the globe given his broad International management background. Several of Dan’s more recent contributions include:
- Development and delivery of a customized suite of 18 competency-based courses within a proficiency-leveled curriculum for a Global Retailer for their merchants and marketers.
- Led the organization design and implementation of an industry leading Mexican manufacturer in their Category Management function and work processes.
- Development of a new, sustainable and systemic capability for an industry leading manufacturer to drive multicultural marketing across several consumer segments.
- Leading a major / global automotive aftermarket manufacturer to transform their poor performing European Sales model into a turn-around profitable business unit.
- Led a cross-functional, executive team at a multi-billion $ Latin American client in successfully reorganizing their Trade Marketing, Sales, Logistics and Marketing functions.
Partner Industry Experience:
Dan has over 25 years of consumer-packaged goods, senior executive and International experience spanning several industries and many categories across the globe. Dan has expertise in Latin America with keen understanding of the cultural nuance and shopper and consumer dynamics. Dan has held senior Sales, Marketing and General Management positions including Vice President, Sales and Multicultural Development for Diageo North America; Vice President and General Manager of Europe, Africa and the Middle East for Shell Pennzoil Quaker State and Associate Director, Customer Business Development for Procter & Gamble.
Dan has a Bachelor’s degree from Santa Clara University including a year at the University of Madrid, Spain. Dan is fluent in Spanish.
Area(s) of Expertise:
- Manufacturer Consulting
- Manufacturer Training
- Retail Consulting
- Retail Training