Dan Salcido is a TPG Partner in the TPG Training and Development Practice. In addition, Dan consults with Manufacturers and Retailers in a broad array of best practices.
Partner Capabilities and Experience:
Dan’s focus is on providing clients a customized solution based upon best practices and his strong practitioner-based experience and skillsets. Dan provides subject matter expertise in the innovative development of multicultural marketing initiatives for clients seeking to understand and penetrate rapidly growing demographic segments. Dan’s skill-set in Customer Management, Category Management as well as Organizational Design & Implementation enables clients to seize a full range of applications to drive profitable top-line growth. Dan works across the Globe given his broad International management background. Several of
Dan’s more recent contributions include:
- Development of a customized suite of courses within a competency-based, proficiency-leveled curriculum for a Global Retailer in their merchant and marketing functions.
- Developing and implementing a comprehensive CPG/Retail Industry-wide Executive Training and Development program that drives a competency based curriculum including certification.
- Developing and implementing a fully integrated Capability Building & Training Plan which an Industry-leading Manufacturer in a 3-tier Distribution system adopted as 1 of 4 AOP planks.
- Developing new, sustainable and systemic capability for an industry leading manufacturer to drive multicultural marketing across several consumer segments.
- Leading a major / global automotive aftermarket manufacturer to transform their poor performing European Sales model into a turn-around profitable business unit.
- Directing an Executive Team of a Canadian manufacturer in development of their Trade Strategy and Commercial Plans for their annual Corporate Strategic Plan.
- Leading a cross-functional, executive team at a multi-billion $ Latin American client in successfully reorganizing their trade marketing, Sales, Logistics and Marketing functions.
Partner Industry Experience:
Dan has over 25 years of consumer packaged goods, senior executive and International experience spanning several industries and many categories across the globe. Dan has held senior Sales, Marketing and General Management positions including Vice President, Sales and Multicultural Development for Diageo North America (global leader in total beverage alcohol); Vice President and General Manager of Europe, Africa and the Middle East for Shell Pennzoil Quaker State (global leader in automotive aftermarket and petroleum products) and Associate Director, Customer Business Development for Procter & Gamble (global CPG leader).
Dan has a Bachelor’s from Santa Clara University including a year at the University of Madrid, Spain. Dan is fluent in Spanish.
Area(s) of Expertise:
- Manufacturer Consulting
- Manufacturer Training
- Retail Consulting
- Retail Training